Steps to SuccessBook - 1999
To compete in the fast-paced sport of field hockey, players must possess a full array of physical tools, such as strength, endurance, and hand-eye coordination. To excel, players must also master the sport's skills and strategies. In this book, Coach Beth Anders presents the techniques, tactics, and physical training essential to field hockey success.
As a former Olympic player and the winningest coach in U.S. college field hockey history, Anders understands every aspect of the sport. In Field Hockey: Steps to Success , she provides a progressive training scheme for developing field hockey skills and game tactics. In 10 easy steps, she teaches how to:
- develop better footwork and body balance while handling the stick;
- learn solid passing and receiving skills;
- improve ball control and dribbling;
- win the ball cleanly while tackling opponents;
- employ successful attacking and defensive tactics;
- score more goals by developing better shooting techniques;
- become a solid goalkeeper through correct positioning and the use of key skills in and around the net; and
- support teammates using effective attack, defense, and field spacing strategies.
Accompanying Anders' instructive text and drills are more than 110 detailed illustrations to promote learning and performance. By following the clear and proven step-by-step teaching progression, players will improve skills rapidly, and enjoy greater success each time they step onto the field!
See all the titles available in the Steps to Success Series.